Red Pepper Jelly Pizza
Pepper jelly pizza is a great sweet and spicy pizza and is one of my favorite pizzas. It is like pasta to me, I could eat it everyday.
1/2 tsp. active dry yeast
3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons warm water
4 – 4 1/4 cups of sifted flour
Red Pepper Jelly
1-2 red peppers chopped
Spinach and arugula mix
1. Mix yeast in 2 tablespoons of warm water 5-10 minutes.
2. In a bowl pour in 3/4 cup of water and mix in 2 cups of sifted flour.
3. Mix in yeast.
4. Add about half of the remaining flour and mix until smooth. Then add in enough of the remaining flour to make a soft ball.
5. Place dough on floured surface to rest 5-10 minutes then knead for 5-8 minutes until dough is smooth and elastic. Shape dough into a ball and place in a deep bowl that has been greased and allow to double in size. About 1 1/2 – 2 hours.
6. Punch and fold the dough edge into the middle then divide the dough in half. Place each ball into the bowl and allow to rise another 45 minutes.
7. Roll out dough to desired thick/thinness. Spread red pepper jelly onto dough and top with red peppers, spinach and arugula mix, provolone and mozzarella. Sprinkle top with crushed red pepper flakes.
8. Bake in 400 degree oven for about 25 minutes or until cheese has melted and is golden brown.
Enjoy! Let me know if you make it.